Skinny Jump is a programme designed to help more New
Zealanders gain access to affordable broadband at home; providing heavily subsidised connectivity to thousands of households at risk of being digitally excluded due to cost. Jump is a flexible pre-paid service, offering 30GB of data for just $5, a quarter of the price of the cheapest commercial services available.
Because it uses Skinny’s 4G wireless network there’s no fibre or landline connection and no installation cost. No credit references or credit checks needed.
3 quick and easy steps to JUMP
1. Are you eligible?
Your household is eligible for JUMP if you identify with one or more of the following groups:
- Families with children in low socio-economic communities
- People with disabilities
- Migrants and refugees with English as a second language
- Māori & Pasifika youth
- Offenders and ex-offenders
- People living in social housing
2. Can you get Jump at your house?
Jump is a wireless internet service and is widely available in rural and urban areas. But unfortunately, it’s not available everywhere.
If you’ve got coverage, proceed to Step 3; otherwise, we suggest you look at other options here: broadbandcompare
3. OK, you’ve got coverage, what do you do next?
- If you would like to ask some questions and access help regarding JUMP please contact your nearest JUMP provider: details are on the provider map
JUMP is subsidised by the Spark Foundation and available through Digital Inclusion Alliance Aotearoa (DIAA).