Spark Jump helps families get home broadband so their children can continue learning out of school hours.
Spark Jump is a low-cost, pre-pay internet service for families with children under 18, with no current broadband connection.
Because it’s pre-paid there’s no risk of running up a debt. No contract or credit check. Because it uses Spark’s 4G wireless network there’s no fibre or landline connection, and no installation cost or complications.
3 quick and easy steps to Spark Jump
1. Are we eligible?
Your family is eligible for Spark Jump if
1. your household includes one or more children (up to age 18)
2. your family home does not have a current broadband connection (internet on smartphones doesn’t count)
2. Is it available locally?
Spark Jump is available in your location if
1. there is a local Spark Jump partner running free Spark Jump modem set-up sessions – find Spark Jump partner
2. there is suitable 4G coverage. Check 4G coverage
3. How do I get it?
- to get Spark Jump please contact your nearest Spark Jump partner: details are on the partner map
- some Spark Jump partners use our system to run group workshops; you can register online for free set-up workshop
At your Spark Jump session, you will register your brand new modem*, create your top-up account, sign a Kawa of Care and get tips on what you can do with 30GB. Once completed you’ll walk out with a ready-to-go wireless modem that is preloaded with your free first 30GB/30-day data. At home, you just plug into power and use it with a tablet, laptop, computer or smartphone.
Spark Jump is subsidised by the Spark Foundation and available through Digital Inclusion Alliance Aotearoa (DIAA).
*Free modem – the modem is loaned to you, for as long as you use the Spark Jump prepay service. If you sign up with another provider later on, you’ll need to give the modem back.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are interested in being a Spark Jump delivery partner; a Spark Jump trainer or a Spark Jump family, here are some answers to those frequently asked questions.