Spark Jump is subsidised by the Spark Foundation and offered through community partners*. The wireless modem comes pre-loaded with 30gb and costs $10 to top-up 30gb of data.
You can join Spark Jump through participating libraries and community organisations – but only if you have a child under the age of 18 living with you and live in a coverage area.
Go straight to 3 quick & easy steps to Spark Jump
Why would I want Spark Jump?
Spark Jump is great for families who
- struggle to pay larger fixed monthly internet charges but can usually manage $10
- don’t want to be tied to a contract, but want the flexibility of pre-pay that you can renew or not as you wish
- know that home internet access is important to their child’s education and can really lift their academic achievement
- have children under 18 in their care
It’s also good for accessing health, government, shopping and job sites, and so can increase your employability, financial and general well-being. It’s easy to keep an eye on how many GigaBytes you’ve used, so you don’t run out unexpectedly.
Can I get Spark Jump?
Spark Jump is not available for everyone, and it is not available through the Spark Foundation or for purchase at Spark stores. Spark Foundation works with local community-based organisations who identify and refer eligible families. You and your family are eligible if ALL these apply:
- you are a carer for children (up to age 18)
- your household does not have an internet connection
- your home is in Spark Jump 4G or 4G 700 coverage – easy to check at www.spark.co.nz/coverage
If you meet these conditions, register for a free, 2 hour Spark Jump workshop at your local Spark Jump provider – see map in side bar for locations. (You can zoom in and click on the icons for full details.)
If there is no course shown in your locality, contact your local Spark Jump provider – see ‘Spark Jump Partner’ map in side bar for locations. (Contact us if there is no provider near you – we are expanding to new areas.)
At the workshop a tutor will take you step-by-step through :
- Learning about the Spark Jump pre-pay wireless internet service
- Checking your home address is in Spark Jump 4G or 4G 700 coverage
- Setting up the Spark Jump service on the loan Skinny Broadband Modem you will be provided with
- Signing a straightforward Kawa of Care agreement
You will walk out with a working, tested internet modem and connection you can just plug in and use in your home with your digital device!
If you already have a digital device (smartphone, tablet, Chromebook or laptop computer), bring this with you to the workshop so that the tutor can help you set up the wifi connection to your Spark Jump modem.
When you get home run the Spark Jump speed test and when you send us the results, we’ll send you a free $10 Spark Jump voucher for your first top-up!
What happens if it stops working or I hit a problem?
Usually this means that your pre-pay has run out. You can easily check your balance online – you’ll try this in the workshop. Just buy a $10 Skinny top-up vouchers at one of the thousands of retailers – supermarkets, dairies, computer stores, petrol stations.
If it’s not that, just bring your Skinny modem and digital device back to the library or centre where you had your workshop and they’ll sort it out. Or contact the helpful support team on 0800 4 SKINNY.
If you’ve other What ifs, have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions page.
20/20 Trust is looking for more partners to extend Spark Jump to new areas. Click here to register your organisation’s interest in becoming a local Spark Jump partner.